A School of Opportunity
Providing students with options and opportunities after high school is our focus. Our goals are to prepare students for the highest number of options after high school and to ensure students are prepared for both college and a successful career. This is why we offer programs that teach skills in marketable, job-ready fields with hands-on learning, devoted teachers, and engaging classes.
Duncan is a specialized magnet program that combines rigorous college preparatory A-G classes with Career Technical Education electives, including 2-hour block classes for juniors and 3-hour block classes for seniors to participate in internships. At Duncan, we offer the best of both worlds: a strong educational foundation and hands-on career experience to ensure that students are ready for the greatest number of options after high school. Each of our pathways have opportunities for industry certifications and internships, which makes students more employable upon graduation. When you graduate from Duncan, you are College and Career Ready.
Pathways & Programs
- Innovative Design & Applied Technology Academy (IDATA): Linked Learning pathways focusing on industrial technology careers, design process, and progressive skill development. Students are eligible to receive industry certifications including OSHA 10, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), American Welding Society, and more. IDATA has specialized pathways in:
- Welding Fabrication
- Heavy Truck
- Medical Academy of Science & Health (MASH): Linked Learning pathways focusing on patient care. Students have the opportunity to obtain college credit and medical certifications including CPR, Basic Life Support and OSHA 10. By graduation, our students have the opportunity to become certified in different medical pathways such as:
- Nursing (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Rehabilitation Therapy Aid
- Air Force JROTC: offering the only Air Force JROTC program in Fresno Unified. JROTC offers training in leadership skills, discipline and much, much, more.
- 4330 E. Garland Avenue, Fresno, CA 93726
- (559) 248-7080
- Student Population: 1,100
- Grades: 9 -12
- School Type: Magnet With Pathway Programs
- School Website: go.fresnou.org/duncan