Opportunities to ParticiPATE
Hoover Pates are known, valued, encouraged, and challenged. Hoover offers a comprehensive program designed to help everyone find their passion, make learning relevant, and achieve their goals: Advanced Placement opportunities, Linked Learning pathways, arts, activities, unique course offerings, leadership, and athletics—all in a school that feels like family. Pride, collaboration, and community are essential: Patriots know how to compete, while also continuing a strong tradition of inclusion and acceptance. Every day is a great day to be a Pate!
Hoover High School (HHS) is on the forefront of developing Linked Learning Pathways for student success in Fresno Unified. Hoover has 3 Linked Learning Pathways: Public Service, Eco-Technology and Media, Design and Production. These pathways each prepare our students for college, technical training and careers through collaborative classrooms in Career Technical Education, English, Science and Social Studies. Our teachers work together for all four years to help implement real world application in all of our career areas to set our students on a track of academic success for any goal, especially college.
Pathways & Programs
- Eco-Technology: a Linked Learning pathway allowing students to examine real-world applications related to environmental and agricultural themes. The pathway offers students college prep academics, relevant technical education and work-based learning opportunities through investigative and applied science practices.
- Arts, Media and Design: a Linked Learning pathway built for the 21st century offering students the opportunity to explore and learn in the areas of Multimedia, Photography, Film and Theater. Working with the latest in industry standards for video and photography, students will apply techniques from the latest software and produce content that prepares them for college and career.
- Public Service: a Linked Learning pathway offering students career opportunities in the exciting and dynamic industries of Firefighting, Emergency Medical Services, Criminal Justice and Government Agencies. Students will have the opportunity to interact and train with professionals in the public service fields.
- 5550 N. First Avenue, Fresno, CA 93710
- (559) 451-4000
- Student Population: 1,750
- Grades: 9 – 12
- School Type: Traditional school with pathway programs
- School Website: go.fresnou.org/hoover