Where Everyone Wants You to Succeed
Sunnyside High School has over 60 clubs that will make you feel at home with something for everyone: challenging academics, extracurricular activities, a diverse student body, and extraordinary teachers who will go out of their way to make sure you achieve your goals.
Sunnyside is recognized as an AVID National Demonstration School. AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination and is a college-bound program for traditionally under-served students. There are 450 students enrolled in our AVID Academies, which include the Doctors Academy, the Criminology & Behavioral Sciences Academy, and the AVID Academy. Sunnyside also offers Men’s and Women’s Alliances. We value our students as individuals and believe that involvement in our academic, arts, athletics and activity programs are key to a successful high school experience and a productive life.
Pathways & Programs
- Agriscience & Technology: a Linked Learning pathway developing essential career preparation skills through science and engineering, as well as personal leadership opportunities within the exciting industry of Agriculture and Technology.
- Health & Human Services: a Linked Learning pathway offering students the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the fields of education, sports medicine, and athletic training. Students who complete the pathway will have the opportunity to earn an industry-recognized certification in the field.
- Teacher Academy
- Multimedia & Marketing: a Linked Learning pathway examining the use of photography and videography in the marketing and entertainment industry sectors. Students will receive hands-on training in pre- and post-production jobs, current and merging technologies, and the creative process.
- Video Production Academy
- 1019 S. Peach Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727
- (559) 253-6700
- Student Population: 2,850
- Grades: 9 -12
- School Type: Traditional school with pathway programs
- School Website: go.fresnou.org/sunnyside