Innovation Meets Historical Excellence
Tradition. Honor. Excellence. These words describe the core of the Fresno High experience. New construction with modern, technology-rich classrooms blends with the architectural features of historic Royce Hall. Walking the hallways you see students engaged in challenging academic work and activities designed to connect with real-world situations. Staff are committed to the vision of providing an academically rigorous and relevant program which teaches students to act responsibly, think critically, and contribute to a changing global society. No matter your interest, there is a place for you at Fresno High.
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (MYP), Career Program (CP), & Diploma Program (DP): all students in grades 9 & 10 are part of the school-wide IB MYP, which features students-centered, inquiry-based and hands-on learning across all disciplines. The goal is for all FHS students in grades 11 & 12 to be prepared for college and career, with IB CP and IB DP offerings.
International Baccalaureate Career Programmes
- Construction Design & Technology Academy: an I.B. Career Programme developing students’ skills in construction, engineering, and architecture through CADD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design), blue print design and creation, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing, leading to industry certifications upon completion. Students can earn college dual enrollment credit and industry certifications.
- Army JROTC: an I.B. Career Programme teaching the core tenets of citizenship, leadership, character and community service. Students learn and apply military principles along with aerospace science technology and its usage. Upon completion, students will be prepared to enlist in any military branch, enroll in college and prepare for a career.
- Video Production & Broadcast Career Programme: an I.B. Career Programme covering the technology and development of film and television through writing, producing, directing, filming, and editing original films. Warrior Entertainment provides students with artistic, creative, and historical background in the fields of video, broadcasting, and film production leading to industry certifications and college dual enrollment credits.
- 1839 N. Echo Avenue, Fresno, CA 93704
- (559) 457-2780
- Student Population: 2,200
- Grades: 9 -12
- School Type: Traditional School with Career Programs
- School Website: go.fresnou.org/fresno