Thinking Outside of The Box
The Phillip J. Patiño School of Entrepreneurship is a new model for secondary education. It’s an applied entrepreneurship school that fosters real-world skills – critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration – and as seniors, students launch their own companies.
We believe the best learning happens when students have the opportunity to apply knowledge. Students start their own businesses. They build real websites and design marketing campaigns for companies during internships. Every day presents opportunities to problem solve, think critically, and build something new. This learning happens throughout our unique program: from our specialized INCubatoredu entrepreneurship courses, to our technology courses, to AP Capstone which gives students a graduate school experience. We offer courses designed for amazing student outcomes. Most of these courses cannot be found anywhere else in the Central Valley.
- Entrepreneurship: Every student takes the Business Startup Incubator course and the Business Startup Accelerator course. Through these classes, students learn the Lean Startup process: plan a business, pitch for startup capital, and start a business during their senior year.
- Mini MBA: Students who want to learn more about business can be part of our Mini MBA (Master’s in Business Administration) program. Students gain a graduate school experience through the new AP Capstone program. The AP Seminar and AP Research courses allow students to develop a thesis-like research project focused on case studies of real businesses.
- Technologist: All students take a foundational technology course in Online Marketing and Web Development. Students who want to accelerate in these areas can also take Advanced Online Marketing or Web Development and AP Computer Science. Online Marketing and Web Development courses are taught in partnership with the support of a technology consultant from the community.
- 2000 E. Cambridge Avenue, Fresno, CA 93703
- (559) 248-7360
- Student Population: 250
- Grades: 10-12
- School Type: Magnet with Pathway Programs
- School Website: go.fresnou.org/patino